Home School Link Worker
The role of a HSLW:
• Offering support in school term time;
• Supporting parents/carers and families;
• Improve attendance and punctuality;
• Promoting positive behaviour.
We work in partnership with parents/carers, schools and other agencies to support families aiming to reduce current stressful situations and prevent future difficulties. We work to ensure that all children enjoy school and are happy and secure and it may be that school staff ask the HSLW to make contact with families.
The HSLW can help by providing:
• One to one support, listening ear and advice;
• Signposting to other agencies i.e. Information of local services and community activities;
• Support groups for parents/carers.
Who can the HSLW help?
• Parents/carers faced with behavioural issues with their children;
• Families who are experiencing change, such as parental separation or bereavement;
• Parents/carers to improve attendance and punctuality;
• Families impacted by illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties and so on
• Those needing information on local services and community activities;
• Parents needing help completing forms and documentation for benefit applications;
• Children who are experiencing difficult times or are withdrawn or anxious;
How do I contact the HSLW?
Telephone: 01932 403116
What can you expect?
During your first meeting your HSLW will complete a referral form to assess the nature of the issue.
You will then work together with your HSLW to improve the difficulties your child is experiencing and identify the best way forward.
The HSLW offers a confidential service. If necessary we would seek your permission to share the information with school staff or outside agencies. Should a safeguarding issue be identified we are legally bound to follow Government Guidelines.