Week beginning: 1st June 2020
The children have a Maths and English task set daily and one Topic, Science and Spellings task which can be completed at any point over the week. Please scroll down to find the weekly activities at the bottom of this page.
Encourage your child to read daily and complete their reading record.
If you would like to access stage books online, please go to:
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page and use the login details that have been emailed to you.
See attached sheet – focus – word families set 1
Topmarks games to choose from:
See the attached Rainforest comprehension
Adding 3 digit numbers
What is a recount?
Choose from any of the activities.
A recount is when you describe an event that you’ve experienced to someone who wasn’t there. You could recount anything: a day at school, a sports game you took part in or even a dream you had.
How to write a recount:
1. Write in the first person (I, me, my) because it happened to you. For example: I felt excited.
2. Use the past tense because it has already happened. For example: It was the biggest fish I had ever seen!
3. Write in chronological order (this means the order in which events actually happened). Use adverbs of time to show this, such as: firstly, next, then and finally.
4. Use descriptive words and expanded noun phrases to help your reader imagine what happened. For example: The huge, silver fish was shiny and slippery.
5. Focus on the most exciting parts. You don’t need to include all the boring details.
Subtracting 3 digit numbers
Look at this and plan a diary entry.
Efficient addition and subtraction methods
Using your plans, write your diary entry
Mixed addition and subtraction problems
Using proof reading skills
Now, read and check and make changes to your diary entry
Introduction to light and dark – choose from any of the suggested activities
See Power Point – Life in the Rainforest
Choose an animal to research and create a fact sheet (see attached) or your own poster or Power Point.
There are some attached pictures and fact sheets to help you.
Mindfulness Power Point
See Purple Mash for activity set – 2Blog – log in to complete your task
Check out Miss Libby's blog page...
This video may also help you: