Consultation on admission arrangements for EEEA Trust schools for 2022
Engage Enrich Excel Academies (EEEA), as the admission authority for all schools within the Multi Academy Trust (MAT), are conducting a full consultation on admission arrangments, including proposed changes, for three of the schools within the MAT for September 2022.
The Schools are:
- Byfleet Primary School, Byfleet, Surrey
- Maybury Primary School, Woking, Surrey
- Westfield Primary School, Woking, Surrey
Full details of the consultation and the changes being proposed are available at www.eeea.co.uk.
Comments are invited on any aspect of the proposed Admissions Policy for the three schools.
In particular, the proposed changes from the 2021/2 policies are as follows:
- Byfleet Primary School and Maybury Primary School - to remove the 'exceptional arrangements' criterion.
- Byfleet Primary School, Maybury Primary School and Westfield Primary School to remove the 'Nearest School' criterion.
The consultation will run from Monday 9th November to Tuesday 22nd December 2020.
Anyone wishing to submit their views can email the Trust at email@example.com or in writing to David Harris, CEO, EEEA Trust, Queen's Ave, Aldershot, Wellesley GU11 4AA.
After the closing date, responses will be collated and presented to the Trust board meeting on 5th February 2021.
Once the board has considered all the responses the determined admission arrangements will be placed on EEEA's website at www.eeea.co.uk.
Consultation on admission arrangements for Surrey's community and voluntary controlled schools for 2022
Surrey County Council is consulting on:
- proposed changes to admission arrangements for the majority of community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2022
- Surrey's relevant area - this is the geographical area within which schools must consult on their admission arrangements.
Full details of the consultation and the changes being proposed are available at www.surreysays.co.uk.
Why we are consulting
We have a statutory duty to consult on admission arrangements if we intend to make a change.
The changes being proposed are as follows:
- The majority of community and voluntary controlled schools - Removal of use of 'nearest school' as a criterion within the admission arrangements.
- Beauclerc Infant School - introduction of a sibling link with Chennestone Primary School.
- Horley Infact School - introduction of a sibling link with Yattendon School.
- Onslow Infant School - reduction in published number for Reception from 90 to 60.
How can I respond to the consultation?
The consultation on the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools and the proposed changes will run until Tuesday 1st December 2020. If you would like to take part please complete an online response form at www.surreysays.co.uk/csf/copy-of-copy-of-consultation-on-proposed-changes-t/ (www.surreysays.co.uk). Alternatively, if you would prefer to respond on a paper form, please telephone the Surrey School and Childcare Service on 0300 200 1004 to request a copy. Please note that only response forms which are fully completed with the respondent's name and address will be accepted.
What happens next?
After the closing date, responses will be collated and presented to the County Council's decision-making Cabinet on 26 January 2021. It will decide whether to proceed with the proposed changes as well as determining the admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools for which no changes are proposed. Cabinet's decision will then need to be ratified by the full County Council on 9 February 2021. Once determined the final admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools for 2021 will be placed in Surrey's website at www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions.
The EEEA Academy Trust is the admission authority for this school. To find up to date information about the school's admission arrangements please see the information below.
Our Admissions Information Children start school at Byfleet Primary in the September of the school year in which they will become five. Parents/carers can apply for a school place through the Surrey County Council website. Please use this link for further information
The school arranges visits in the Autumn Term and prospective applicants are invited to attend - bookings can be made through the school office on 01932 403116.
Before joining our Reception class pupils are invited in for an Induction programme in the summer term and parents/carers will meet the Reception Class teacher to discuss the organisation of the year, the curriculum and any relevant information the parent would like to share. The school accepts applications for pupils to join other year groups providing spaces are available.
At Byfleet the published admission number is 30 at age 4+. As an academy we continue to follow Surrey County Council's process as the admission authority for our school, including the admissions criteria which is:
- Looked after children.
- Exceptional arrangements.
- Children of staff.
- Siblings of existing pupils.
- Children for whom the school is the nearest to their home.
- Any other applicant.
Waiting Lists Where there are more applicants than places available, waiting lists will operate for each year group according to the over subscription criteria shown for each school, and without regard to the date the application was received or when a child's name was added to the waiting list.
Children out of their chronological year group For guidance on the education of children out of their chronological year group click here
More information on how to apply for an in-year place is available on Surrey's website at https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools/admissions/in-year and this included details of which form needs to be completed for which school, along with copies of the forms and guidance notes.
Welcome to Reception - starting school
- Starting School in Reception.pdf
- School Profile Details about our school
- Department of Education The latest details of the school's performance.
- Surrey County Council Admissions Admission arrangements and outcomes