At Byfleet Primary we aim to be a fully inclusive school. We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, impairment, attainment and background.
Our Inclusion Policy is based on a whole school approach where teaching and learning, attitudes and well-being of every child matters.
We believe that all children have an equal right to a full and rounded education which will enable them to achieve their full potential.
We ensure that all children enjoy a broad and balanced education regardless of any learning barrier or special educational need and/or disability.
Please see below for more information. Alternatively you can contact Miss Atkins our Inclusion Leader via the school office on 01932 403116.
How do we support children with SEND at Byfleet Primary?
Key SEND Documents & Guidance
- Surrey's Local Offer (UPDATED VERSION) The Local Offer contains information about services relating to special educational needs, disabilities, education and more.
- Surrey County Council Schools & Learning SEND Guidance & Support
- Surrey SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SSIASS) SSIASS provides impartial, confidential and free support to empower parents, children and young people to fully participate in discussions, make informed decisions and express their views and wishes about education and future aspirations.
- The Communication Trust The Communication Trust supports children with speech, language and communication needs.
- The Dyslexia Trust The Dyslexia Trust promotes improved practice and outcomes for individuals with dyslexia and specific learning difficulties.
- The National Autistic Society The NAS provides information, advice and support for children and young people with autism.
- The Dyspraxia Foundation The Dyspraxia Foundation supports children and young people with recognised co-ordination disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) CAMHS is the child and adolescent mental health service in Surrey. CAMHS promotes emotional well-being and deliver preventative mental health services and treatment to children and young people with mental health problems.