It is important that when you are using the Internet, you stay safe. You should never give out any personal information such as your full name, address or phone number when you're online, no matter who you think you're talking to.
Our Online Safety Policy can be viewed here.
Remember to be SMART when you're on the Internet!
- Safe - be safe on the Internet.
- Meeting - NEVER meet up!
- Accepting - don't accept anything (it may be a virus).
- Reliable - check your source.
- Tell - Always tell someone when you don't feel safe.
For advice, help or to make a report visit the website below by clicking on the 'Click CEOP' button.
Supporting online safety at byfleet primary
Useful Websites for parents
Below are some useful websites that will help you to learn about Internet safety and test your knowledge on using the web safely.
- CEOP/Think You Know Information for Parents/Carers
- NSPCC Helpful advice and tools for parents to use to help keep children safe whenever and wherever they go online.
- Parent Zone Parent Zone provides information, support and advice to parents with regards to Internet safety.
- Parent Info A collection of articles, tips, expert advice and resources designed to help parents keep up with what their children are doing online.
- UK Safer Internet Centre The UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology. The website updates parents and carers to help meet emerging trends in the fast-changing online environment.
- ThinkuKnow Thinkuknow is an education programme from the National Crime Agency’s CEOP Command. Thinkuknow aims to ensure that everyone has access to this practical information – children, young people, their parents and carers and the professionals who work with them.
- How to Protect your Children on their Smartphone
Useful Websites for children
There are also some websites that are safe places for you to join the online community.
- BBC Own It Questions, answers and tools to help you make the most of your time online. you may even get to hear an important message from your favourite Youtuber!
- Childnet International The Internet is a wonderful place to explore and discover new things, to connect and communicate with others and to be creative. Use this website to get help, get answers, get SMART and have fun!
- Net Smartz Kids A fun and interactive website which helps you to recognise the dangers and increase self-confidence whenever you go online. Includes games, puzzles, videos and activities.
- The Adventures of Kara, Winston and the SMART Crew These cartoons illustrate 5 e-safety SMART rules and include a real life SMART Crew of young people, who guide the cartoon characters in their quest, and help them make safe online decisions.
- Think You Know Learn about online safety by reading information, playing games and watching videos.
- Online Safety Quiz This Online Safety Quiz is your chance to show that you know how to be a safe Internet surfer. Answer each question and, when you get it right, you'll go to the next question!